Halitosis, also known as bad breath, is the result of bacterial odors emanating from your mouth. In some cases, it may be a sign of an underlying disorder. To learn more about halitosis, please read the following:
– Have you ever used mouthwash, mints or gum to help freshen your breath?
– Are you brushing and flossing your teeth correctly?
– If you wear dentures, they can cause bad breath if they are not cleaned daily.
– Have you ever suffered from any liver and kidney complications, or respiratory tract infections?
– Are you suffering from gum disease or appear to have gum tissue that is infected?
– Have you had regular dental cleanings and exams, or are you at risk for a buildup of plaque tartar?
– Are you taking any medications that have bad breath as a side effect?
If you are dealing with chronic bad breath, or just need a cleaning and exam, contact Dr. David Peterson and our team at David B. Peterson, DDS. We can be reached by calling us at 661-587-7002. Call today to make an appointment to see us at our office in Bakersfield, California.